Product Manager – US
US – Multiple Locations
Spearhead the global and regional cross functional teams for meeting the regional growth, profitability and return on asset objectives of SSL product lines. Primary responsibility for developing and executing the strategic growth plan, roadmaps, and product life cycle management for his or her products by listening to voice of the customer, preparing and obtaining necessary approvals for human and financial resources from management and achieving the agreed upon goals
- Collaborate with Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Regional Management to develop multi-generational SSL market and product roadmap and strategic growth plans.
- Plans, leads and manages the entire life of a product line from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase.
- Outline product specification details including market requirements, target costs and prices, business opportunity evaluation proposals and approvals
- Define and manage project schedules for all phases of new product introduction.
- Communicate product change notifications both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications department to launch new products to Sales channel via traditional and online platforms.
- Continually analyze market data from industry sources to measure our competitive position and product success in the market and maintain database of competitive products. Using Dialight’s core competencies, competitor intelligence, and market needs develop adjacent market and product SAM and Revenue growth plans
- Develop content and implement product specs, datasheets, brochures, press releases, website information, labels, installation manuals and other documentation.
- Regional pricing, working with sales management to ensure that the appropriate level of pricing authority and accountability is in place to allow Dialight to respond to competitive opportunities as well as threats while meeting the profitability
- Providing product as well as application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate sales channels.
- Maximize the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on assets for the product line globally.
- Provide a foundation for manufacturing planning and capacity by developing a forecast of demand by product line for their regions
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Establish product cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Establish a marketing communication and promotional strategy for the product line.
Desired Skills & Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in a technical field, an advanced business degree is desired
- 8 to 12+ years’ experience in disciplines such as Product Management, Sales, Technical Field Application, Technology/Engineering of mechanical or electrical products. MBA is a plus. Experience in Lighting, Industrial Automation, IoT is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of various industry standard Building Management Systems and additional monitoring and reporting requirements
- Ability to strategically plan future product opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those plans into commercially successful and profitable product launches and offerings.
- Innovative, out-of-the-box thinking with good organizational skills.
- Market trends analysis, statistical and financial modeling.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate with the sales team, channel partners and our customer base.
- Computer and Presentation skills (written and verbal) MS Excel, Word and Power point
- Analysis of Market Demand, Market Share and value proposition of own products
vs main competitors
- Demonstrated skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Work across functional lines to translate market trends and opportunities into supported business plans and product development
- Fifty percent travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
- Fluency in a second language for regional support is a strong plus.