Privacy and Cookies Policy
Dialight plc and its subsidiaries, subsidiary undertakings, joint ventures and associated undertakings (“Dialight”, “Group”, “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy & Cookies Policy (the “Policy”) together with our Website Terms and Conditions of Use at www.dialight.com and any other documents referred to in or on our website, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding how we collect and treat your personal data.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) the data controller is Dialight plc, whose registered office is Leaf C, Level 36 Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1HQ, England.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit certain websites. When you re-visit that website the cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies can be useful and in some cases valuable because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device so that the website provider can deliver a better and more personalised service.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Personal data we may collect from you
We only collect and process personal data you provide via the “Contact Us” form on our website or in any written correspondence you send to us. This may include your name, email address and phone number and any other personal data you may provide in the “Comments” section in the “Contact US” form.
Uses made of your information and/or personal data
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in certain limited circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Dialight or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- In connection with the hosting of this website and, in particular, upon your registration for email alerts via this website, your personal data will be shared with the website hosting provider and, if different, the email alerts service provider; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions of Use www.dialight.com/terms-and-conditions/ and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dialight, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and
- We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to recipients in other countries: (i) we will perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law; and (ii) we will protect the transferred personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We have implemented a General Data Transfer Agreement for all entities in the Dialight Group and implemented procedures and controls to help ensure that personal information is protected no matter what country the Dialight company is located in.
Retention of your data
Dialight will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use the website and your Dialight products, to provide services to you, to comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Policy and our internal retention guidelines. If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal information we process about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or to delete your personal data entirely. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you.. If you want to make a request or if you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you should write to Dialight’s Company Secretary, at ourregistered office address above. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.