Privacy and Cookies Policy
Dialight plc and its subsidiaries, subsidiary undertakings, joint ventures and associated undertakings (“Dialight”, “Group”, “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy (together with our Website Terms and Conditions of Use at www.dialight.com and any other documents referred to in or on our website) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding how we collect and treat your personal data.
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Dialight plc, whose registered office is Leaf C, Level 36 Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1HQ, England .
Information we may collect from you
We only collect and process information you provide us via:
- the Contact Us form on our website; or
- any written correspondence you send to us.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit certain websites. When you re-visit that website the cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies can be useful and in some cases valuable because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device so that the website provider can deliver a better and more personalised service.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), for example our US subsidiary company. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your enquiries and the provision of information and services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Dialight will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Dialight or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dialight, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- who provide hosting services or other services associated with the maintenance of this website
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you want to make a request or if you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you should write to Dialight’s Company Secretary, at the registered office address above. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.